ConvaTec (hereinafter “ConvaTec”) respects the privacy of visitors to this Web site and understands that information about you, your health, and your health care is sensitive. Except as otherwise provided this Web site’s Internet Privacy Statement, ConvaTec will not sell, rent or give away your personally identifiable information to any unrelated third party without your permission.
ConvaTec developed this Internet Privacy Statement to provide information about our practices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of information that you may provide when you visit this Web site.
We encourage you to read this Internet Privacy Statement before using this Web site or submitting information. By using this Web site, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to the terms of the Internet Privacy Statement.
What types of personal data do we collect?
- You can visit much of the Web site without telling us who you are or providing us with other personally identifiable information. Some areas of the Web site allow you to contact us to ask questions or provide a story. When you communicate with us we ask for some personal information such as name, email address, phone number, address and a story for the Great Comebacks program.
- When you visit our Website, our web server also automatically records the name of your Internet Service Provider, the website from which you visit us, the pages on our sites you visit and in what sequence, and the date and length of your visit. This information is aggregate and anonymous data and does not identify you specifically. However, you acknowledge that this data may be able to be used to identify you if it is aggregated with other Personal Data that you supply to us.
- When you access certain interactive tools or services, you may be asked to provide personally identifiable information. You may always choose not to provide the required information, but then you may not be able to participate in the particular activity that requires the information.
How do we use and disclose your personal data?
We may use your personal data to:
- Personalize and customize this Web site for your visits
- Respond to any queries you may have;
- Provide services or products you request (e.g. send you by email or other electronic means our newsletters);
- Inform you of changes made to our Website;
- Inform you of products, services and promotions which you may find interesting, subject to clause 6 below;
- Understand general visitor trends and patterns so we can develop and support existing and ongoing marketing strategies for our products and services;
How to we use and disclose non-personally identifiable information?
If you provide us non-personal identifiable information such as questions, comments, ideas or suggestions that information is not treated as confidential.
You should be aware that ConvaTec will be free to disclose through any means and use for any purpose such information in its sole discretion.
- We may also use web beacons to monitor your usage on our site. A Web Beacon is a clear GIF (Graphics Interchange Format) image or pixel tag that can be place on a web site or within an email to allow an Internet advertising or audience measurement company to help them analyze their advertising campaigns and general usage patterns of customers. ConvaTec uses Web beacons on some of its Web sites. Except as otherwise described in this Web site’s Internet Privacy Statement
- We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (‘Google’) to help analyse how our website is used.
If you want to opt-out, download and install the add-on for your current web browser. The Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on is available for Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Opera:https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
Will my personal data be used for marketing purposes?
If we obtain your prior consent, we may use your personal data for direct marketing of our own products and services
You are entitled to request that we desist from using your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing, and we will provide you with the necessary functionality for you to do so with ease, each time we market to you.
Who will my personal data be shared with?
- Except as otherwise provided this Web site’s Internet Privacy Statement, ConvaTec will not sell, rent or give away your personally identifiable information to any unrelated third party without your permission. In addition, as stated in the Transfer of Control section, your personally identifiable information may be shared with actual or potential parties to a contemplated transaction where we decide to reorganize or divest part or all of a business or a line of our business, without obtaining your consent or without any further notice to you. In such circumstances, we will seek written assurances that personally identifiable information submitted through this web site will be protected appropriately
- Circumstances may arise where we decide to reorganize or divest part or all of our business or of a line of our business, including our information databases and Web sites, through a sale, divestiture, merger, acquisition, or other means of transfer. In any such circumstance, personally identifiable information may be shared with, sold, transferred, rented, licensed or otherwise provided or made available by us or on our behalf to actual or potential parties to, and in connection with, the contemplated transaction (without your consent or without any further notice to you). In such circumstances, we will seek written assurances that personally identifiable information submitted through this Web site will be protected appropriately.
- If you contact us regarding your experience with using any of our products, we may use the information you provide in submitting reports to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and as otherwise required of us by law or governmental audit. We may also use the information to contact your healthcare professional to follow up regarding an unexpected event involving the use of any one of our products. You understand that in order to comply with the law, ConvaTec may not be permitted to comply with your request to amend or remove personally identifiable information that was provided to ConvaTec by a healthcare professional or a consumer regarding an adverse event or reaction involving medicine, medical products or medical devices.
- In rare situations, we may be required by court order or other legal or regulatory process, or as otherwise required by law to divulge personally identifiable information to law enforcement authorities, the courts, or regulatory authorities. ConvaTec will cooperate in responding to such requests, in accordance with the regulatory or legal process, and will take appropriate measures to ensure that the requester understands the sensitive nature of any health-related personally identifiable information they receive.
Links to other sites
As a convenience to our visitors, the ConvaTec Web site contains links to other Web sites that may offer useful information. The Internet Privacy Statement described here does not apply to your use of those other Web sites. Before using the linked Web sites, please review their Internet privacy statements to understand how they use and protect personally identifiable information.
How can I access my personal data?
- To see the Personal Data we have collected through this Website that relates to you, to cancel it and/or to correct or update this Personal Data, please contact us at www.greatcomebacks.com.au/contact-us/
- To protect your privacy and security we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access.
How do I update, correct or remove personal data?
- You may contact us to update or correct much of your personally identifiable information that you provide to us through the Web site other than the limited information described below under the Regulatory Requirements section. To do so please contact us at 1800 339 412, email@example.com or by writing to ConvaTec (Australia) at: PO Box 63, Mulgrave VIC 3170, Australia Attention: Data Privacy.
- You may opt-out from our mailings and other services that you may have requested at any time. To do so, please either contact us at 1800 339 412 (Australia) or 0800 441 763 (New Zealand), firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to ConvaTec (Australia) at: PO Box 63, Mulgrave VIC 3170, Australia, Attention: Data Privacy.
How will my personal data be stored?
We may choose store your Personal Data on our websites database or transfer your Personal Data to a central database located within ConvaTec. If the location of the central database is located in a country that does not have substantially similar laws which provide for the protection of personal data, we will take the necessary steps to ensure that your Personal Data is adequately protected in that jurisdiction.
What security measures are in place to protect my personal data?
- We take reasonable precautions to maintain the protection of personally identifiable information collected through this Web site and used in accordance with this Internet Privacy Statement.
- In addition to technical safeguards, we also use physical controls and procedures to safeguard your personally identifiable information. However, we cannot guarantee that it is completely secure from people who might attempt to evade our security measures or intercept transmissions over the Internet.
- We will continue to maintain and improve our security measures over time in line with legal and technological developments
Use of website by children
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. We do not intend to collect personally identifiable information from children under 18 years old. If a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, the parent or guardian of that child may contact us at 1800 339 412 (Australia) or 0800 441 763 (New Zealand) , email@example.com or by writing to ConvaTec (Australia) at: PO Box 63, Mulgrave VIC 3170, Australia, Attention: Data Privacy.
Changes to our privacy statement
ConvaTec may at any time revise this Internet Privacy Statement by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the most current privacy statement.
If you have any questions about the ConvaTec Web site Internet Privacy Statement or other aspects of privacy on our Web site, please contact us at 1800 339 412 (Australia) or 0800 441 763 (New Zealand), firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to ConvaTec (Australia) at: PO Box 63, Mulgrave VIC 3170, Australia, Attention: Data Privacy.